Ants are notoriously difficult to get rid of once they take hold in your home or office. They can get in through the smallest of crevices and they reproduce prolifically. Once they are in, they can spoil foods and contaminate surfaces where you aren’t even aware they have been. Family Home Pest Control offers fast, efficient pest control service including ant removal in Beaverton and the surrounding Portland Metro area.
When you’ve seen one ant, there are probably thousands nearby that you don’t see!
Not only do ants spread bacteria and eat up stored food, they can also be damaging to building materials. Our experienced pest control technicians know where to look for ants, how to identify them, and can tailor the right treatment for the type of ants you have around.
Why Call for Removal Today?
Here are just a few of the negative impacts ants can have:
- Many ants sting or bite.
- Ants contaminate stores of food.
- They can quickly take over a yard, patio, or other outdoor areas, making it hard to enjoy the space.
- Ants move seeds, disrupting gardening and lawn-growing efforts.
- Ants can destroy plants by eating away at them.
- Ants can chew through rubber, fabric, and insulation.
- Certain ants eat away at wood, leaving behind the need for expensive repairs.
- Ants crawl over bacteria-ridden items, such as animal feces, and then carry that bacteria inside where they crawl on counter tops, food items, dishes, and more.
Efficient Ant Removal in Beaverton
Our professional ant removal technicians do a complete search of your home and premises, inspecting the spaces where ants live, eat, and breed. Once identified, our proven ant removal products and methods will get rid of them and keep them gone!
How do you prevent pests?Pest prevention depends on what you’re trying to prevent. Some best practices we always advise customers to follow are to keep all food items (including those for pets) in air-tight containers. Make sure there are no leaks in your home (including the attic and basement). Mechanical exclusion involves sealing off all entry points into the home. This is difficult for homeowners to accomplish without help, but you can keep your lawn and surrounding areas clean and free of debris. If there are any trees or bushes that provide roof access for pests, move these away from the home or trim them shorter than the roof line.
How do you control pests?Our exterminators use the right method for the job. We take into account the property, pest type,
and residents of the home. Certain methods aren’t used when small animals or children are present. We always target our efforts as well. That means identifying paths your pest uses, where they are present, and using their feeding areas and times against them to achieve the fastest and most complete results.
How is pest control done?
There are three types of pest control procedures:
- Biological pest control: This uses chemical agents and may involve baits, pheromones, sprays, and repellants.
- Physical pest control: Exterminators manually remove pests and use control methods like barriers, sealants, and environmental manipulation to control pests.
- Mechanical pest control: Mechanical devices include traps, bait stations, and other devices designed to prey on the behavior of a specific pest.