Get Ant Removal in Portland Now.
For trusted ant removal in Portland, don’t wait to contact a trusted pest control service like Family Home Pest Control. Odorous house ants are among the most common ants we see in our customers’ homes. They are tiny, brown or black, and build colonies with thousands of workers and queens. They are often difficult to control because of how tiny they are, and how many sub-colonies they build, which can be hard to find.
You may think you’ve killed them all but if a few manage to get away, they’ll be likely to come back with a vengeance. To reduce the chances of ant infestations, we recommend limiting piles of dirt, debris, scrap wood, or any other materials they might nest in, and sealing all cracks and crevices in the walls of your home. Our expert exterminators are experienced at performing ant removal for all local and invasive ant species.
Why Should You Avoid DIY Ant Removal?
Ant colonies are living ecosystems. If you don’t know exactly what you’re doing you can make the problem worse. Not only that, you could hurt your family and furry friends in the process. There’s a reason our ant exterminators get certification and on-going training—pest control requires knowledge, skill, and experience. Just a few of the reasons to call us:
- Ant behavior varies by species – Certain ant species will split colonies when over-the-counter products are used to treat them. Others exit the next and swarm throughout a home. We know the behavioral patterns of the different ant species and treat them accordingly.
- DIY doesn’t mean safe. – DIY ant control is an extremely risky undertaking. Certain chemicals can be hazardous to your health, easily tracked, and don’t dissipate. Even supposedly organic methods like diatomaceous earth cause micro-tears in your lungs if inhaled. Don’t let ants cost you your health.
- We guarantee the work we do. – There’s no guarantee on your store-bought options. They won’t show you what changes you need to make to discourage future infestations. They won’t watch out for your personal safety and the considerations of young children. We do, and we guarantee our work.
The longer you wait the more deeply entrenched your infestation can become. Get your home back. Call us to schedule a consultation and ant inspection today.
Carpenter Ant Removal
Carpenter ants are pretty common in the Northwest, including the Modak, Vicenus, and Essaguy species. They are usually brown or black and sometimes have wings. They love to eat through wood, especially damp, wet, or water-damaged wood. They will often make their nests in the beams or walls of your home, damaging the structure and then scavenging your home for more food. This makes ant removal in your Portland home especially important because the longer they go untreated the more damage they cause.
They’re likely to be found near sinks, bathtubs, poorly sealed windows or door frames, or poorly flashed chimneys. If you think there may be a carpenter ant gallery within an area of your home, there may not be any external signs, but a good way to check is probing the wood with a screwdriver. If you notice a problem that may require ant removal, call an exterminator as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Why Choose Family Home Pest Control?
What Makes Us Different
Serving Portland, OR Since 1999
Contact Us for Ant Removal Today
In addition to our ant removal services we also provide bed bug, termite, cockroach, and rodent removal services!
Other Services Include:
At Family Home Pest Control we exterminate ants, so call (503) 461-7337 or Contact Us today for ant removal that’s guaranteed to work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We are here to help. Still have questions or can't find the answer you need? Give us a call at 503-461-7337 today!
How do you prevent pests?Pest prevention depends on what you’re trying to prevent. Some best practices we always advise customers to follow are to keep all food items (including those for pets) in air-tight containers. Make sure there are no leaks in your home (including the attic and basement). Mechanical exclusion involves sealing off all entry points into the home. This is difficult for homeowners to accomplish without help, but you can keep your lawn and surrounding areas clean and free of debris. If there are any trees or bushes that provide roof access for pests, move these away from the home or trim them shorter than the roof line.
How do you control pests?Our exterminators use the right method for the job. We take into account the property, pest type,
and residents of the home. Certain methods aren’t used when small animals or children are present. We always target our efforts as well. That means identifying paths your pest uses, where they are present, and using their feeding areas and times against them to achieve the fastest and most complete results.
How is pest control done?
There are three types of pest control procedures:
- Biological pest control: This uses chemical agents and may involve baits, pheromones, sprays, and repellants.
- Physical pest control: Exterminators manually remove pests and use control methods like barriers, sealants, and environmental manipulation to control pests.
- Mechanical pest control: Mechanical devices include traps, bait stations, and other devices designed to prey on the behavior of a specific pest.
Family Home Pest Control's Blog
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.