Stinging insects are responsible for a number of hospital visits every year. This is because many people are allergic to them, and when left untreated, stings can actually get infected. Without bee removal in Portland you may encounter stinging insects much more than you would like this spring. Bees are finally out of hibernation, and it won’t be long before you see them regularly flitting from flower to flower. There are some indications that can help you determine if you are allergic when stung by an insect. If you have any of these reactions, seek help immediately and call 911 if any of the following occur or the sting is in the throat, nose, or mouth.
Signs of a Bee Sting Allergy
- A ticklish throat and coughing
- A tight chest or throat and breathing problems like wheezing
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fainting and dizziness
- Anxiety and sweating
- Rashes or itchy areas aside from the sting site
There are some preventative measures you can take, that may help prevent bee stings.
- Don’t wear scented products. This includes perfume, cologne and hairspray.
- Don’t wear bright colors. Flying insects see in a spectrum different than our own, these colors can attract them.
- Don’t go barefoot. This eliminates the chance of a sting by stepping on a resting stinging insect.
- Use repellent. There are store-bought as well as homemade options that can be effective.
- Avoid hive/nest locations. If you encounter one on your property seek professional bee removal in Portland.
Bee exterminators know how to safely and effectively combat your stinging insect problems. Bees can be hazardous to your family and friends, so getting them dealt with as soon as possible is important for staying safe. When you need effective, experienced bee removal in Portland by skilled exterminators call (503) 300-5054 or contact Family Home Pest Control today.