When you have pests there’s no time to wait. Pest control in Gresham should be performed as soon as possible by a trustworthy exterminator with a great record. Family Home Pest Control has so many excellent reviews because we go the extra mile for every customer. We know what it takes to provide long lasting, effective pest control for Gresham residents, and everything we do is customer focused.
You shouldn’t wait to contact a pest control service at the first sign of an infestation. Controlling pests is easier with a small infestation, and it doesn’t take long before a pest problem can get out of control.
Why Get Professional Pest Control?
- Time Matters – The longer you wait to hire a pest control company, the more problems you may end up facing. Pests can be responsible for everything from health problems like allergies and bacterial infections to electrical and structural damage. When you wait for pest control services you’re allowing the problem to spread even further. Many pests have fast breeding cycles and when one nest cannot contain them all, others will splinter off and make a new home elsewhere on your property.
- Pest Knowledge – Quick, what are the primary visual differences between a subterranean and dampwood termite? What are the nesting habits of a roof rat compared to a mouse? How did these creatures get in to begin with? When you hire an expert for home pest control you’re getting more than just a treatment. Pest control technicians get extensive training, and have years of experience identifying pests, nesting areas, and entry points and can tell the subtle differences between the types. They can also help you to correctly and adequately secure your home.
- Control Experience – Expertise aren’t limited to pests. Pest control technicians know how to properly take care of them while keeping your home or business as safe as possible. Treatment methods often involve chemicals and just because you can buy it over the counter, doesn’t mean you know how to use it. This is especially true when it comes to commercial pest control in Gresham. The easiest way to keep your family, pets, guests and employees safe is to let the professionals do their job.
Check out these our services for these common pests:
When you need comprehensive pest control in Gresham that covers you for a whole range of pests, call (503) 300-5054 or contact Family Home Pest Control today.
Gresham is a fantastic place to live and work just east of Portland. With a small town feel but access to the larger metropolitan area, Gresham is steeped in a history all its own. Those interested in finding out about Gresham’s pioneer roots should be sure to visit the Gresham Historical Society. With tons of information and even a few exhibits, you’ll feel much more connected to this city after a visit.
If that isn’t enough for you, there’s also the local library. Other interesting historical sites include the Gresham Pioneer Cemetery. Established in 1851 there are tours offered there which will detail the lives of some of the cemetery’s more interesting tenants.
How do you prevent pests?Pest prevention depends on what you’re trying to prevent. Some best practices we always advise customers to follow are to keep all food items (including those for pets) in air-tight containers. Make sure there are no leaks in your home (including the attic and basement). Mechanical exclusion involves sealing off all entry points into the home. This is difficult for homeowners to accomplish without help, but you can keep your lawn and surrounding areas clean and free of debris. If there are any trees or bushes that provide roof access for pests, move these away from the home or trim them shorter than the roof line.
How do you control pests?Our exterminators use the right method for the job. We take into account the property, pest type,
and residents of the home. Certain methods aren’t used when small animals or children are present. We always target our efforts as well. That means identifying paths your pest uses, where they are present, and using their feeding areas and times against them to achieve the fastest and most complete results.
How is pest control done?
There are three types of pest control procedures:
- Biological pest control: This uses chemical agents and may involve baits, pheromones, sprays, and repellants.
- Physical pest control: Exterminators manually remove pests and use control methods like barriers, sealants, and environmental manipulation to control pests.
- Mechanical pest control: Mechanical devices include traps, bait stations, and other devices designed to prey on the behavior of a specific pest.